Ranthambore National Park has been a milestone for tiger conservation in India as one of the most revered tiger reserves in India. It is known for increasing the population of Bengal tigers, the endangered species of big cats. The forest department in Ranthambore organizes the Canter safari Ranthambore for wildlife lovers from different parts of the world.
Canter and Jeep Safari in Ranthambore
Jeep and canter are two types of vehicles available for safari authorized by the forest department. Millions of nature and wildlife lovers can visit here to embark on the jeep or canter safari to witness the adventure of being in the home of jungle cats, Bengal tigers, striped hyenas and leopards. You can get the uninterrupted views of those predators, including the majestic tigers.
Canter Safari Seating Capicity Ranthambore
Canter is basically a 20-seater truck which is open from all sides to provide the great sights to wildlife. It is organized in morning and afternoon shifts. Only 20 canters can enter the park in one shift. Hence, only 40 canters can take the tourists for jungle safari in a day. Canter safari Ranthambore is a very comfortable vehicle for wildlife excursions as you can explore even farther than in a jeep. The route and duration of the safari is similar to both vehicles, except the number of passengers sit in the vehicle.
Safari Zones in Ranthambore National Park
There are ten zones in Ranthambore National Park. Each canter is allotted to a specific zone on each shift and can go only on the tracks pre-defined for a specific zone. Keep in mind that canters cannot change the route or leave the zone. There are so many safari tracks in a zone to explore the wildlife and each zone is rich in diversity of flora and fauna. In every zone, chances of spotting tigers are similar. The region of each zone is the territory of tigers and is ruled by different tigers. So, the ecotourism zone is allotted randomly by a computer from forest officials when you get entry to the park. Once the zone is allotted, it cannot be changed.
Cheapest way to have safari in Ranthambore
Canter Safari Ranthambore is cheapest way to have safari in
park, specially for solo travelers who cannot afforded jeep safari, one has to
book through online you can get help of local agents or you can book by
yourself through online safari portal official website of government. do contact
for Jeep safari booking and Canter safari Ranthambore.
How to Book Canter Safari Online?
As discussed, 20 canters are available for each shift in Ranthambore but there are so many wildlife visitors. It is not easy to get a seat on the spot. If you are planning a trip to Ranthambore, book your safari in advance. The national parks in India receive heavy rush on weekends, national holidays and vacation season. Visit our website to book online canter safari by paying a specific fee, including canter safari seat, entry permit, and guide charges with ID of each tourist. We also provide the personalized Ranthambore wildlife packages, including jeep and canter safari Ranthambore, along with budget/luxury accommodation.
Canter Safari Timings
The safari timings in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve are usually the subject to sunrise and sunset timings. In simple words, you may consider half an hour after sunrise and half an hour before sunset for entry and exit timings in all seasons. Here are the safari timings throughout the year –
- October – 6.30 am to 10 am and 2.30 pm to 6 pm
- November to January – 7am to 10.30 am and 2 pm to 5.30 pm
- February to March – 6.30 am to 10 am and 2.30 pm to 6 pm
- April to May 15 – 6 am to 9.30 am and 3 pm to 6.30 pm
- May 16 to June 30 – 6 am to 9.30 am and 3.30 pm to 7 pm
October to April is the vacation and holiday season during weekends. Hence, there is a high rush of tourists during this season. You should book your seats in advance.
Do’s and Don’ts of Canter Safari in Ranthambore
Wildlife safari in Ranthambore is both fun and exciting for the tourists. There is nothing more fascinating than viewing wildlife and capturing it in its natural habitat. But sometimes, it can cause panic situations because of utter ignorance and negligence of tourists in which animal attacks are very common.
We are going to discuss certain things you should consider before going to Ranthambore or any national park. Here are some of the pointers to be safe and ensure safety of everyone around you without being the victim of animal attacks during the tour –
- First of all, don’t take tourism guidelines for granted. Government has issued those guidelines for a reason. Be sure to follow them along with the instructions from the naturalist and drivers.
- No matter what, stay in the vehicle if you are in the jungle. Whether you are visiting Ranthambore or any other national park in the world, you will get strict instructions about not getting off the safari vehicle.
- Don’t feed animals, no matter how cute or adorable they seem to be. It is one of the biggest mistakes you might be making. Don’t throw any food item or empty food packets inside the jungle.
- Don’t try to get any closer to wildlife. You may obviously stay away from tigers, bears, hyenas or other predators for safety precautions. Elephants and other herbivorous animals may seem calm but they can become violent sometimes.
- Keep your cell phone silent and turn off the flashlight of your camera. Flashlight from the camera or any sound from your mobile may disrupt wildlife.
- It is strictly prohibited to make any sound of wildlife to attract animals inside the park. Don’t play music or speak loudly.
- Don’t smoke inside the forest as it may cause accidental fires.
- Don’t spray perfumes if you are going to wildlife safari. It may arouse animals’ curiosity as they have a strong sense of smell.
- Don’t make too much noise. Keep calm as they sense whether a human is too nervous or afraid.
- Don’t wear shiny clothes with bold prints and bright colors. Wear only neutral color clothes to cover your arms and legs.
- Fresh up completely and empty your bladders and bowels because you won’t get any toilet break once you start the safari.
- Always keep the binoculars handy because you will get the chance to see wildlife only from a huge distance.